How To Curl Your Hair With A Straightener | Step by Step Guideline
I know there may be some that will see the title and wonder, you are using a straightener so why do you want to curl it. Well, here is the thing the whole object of using a straightener for many is straightening. As well as smoothing as well, to get rid of that unwanted frizz or fly away. Yet you do want to change up things and have that sleek hair and some curl. You could take out a curling iron and curl it after straightening, but it may not be necessary.
You can use your hair straighter to achieve some beautiful bouncy curls. Of course, depending on the straightener you are using there are different ways of doing it. Whether you are using a hair straightening brush or a flat iron it can be accomplished. A flat iron will hold hair a little better due to design. It will also be a tight and more refined curl. When you curl with a brush it will give you that bouncy brushed through curl since it is a brush.
You might be wondering how to find the perfect straightening brush to help you get the job done. All you have to do is check out hair straightener brush reviews to find what you are looking for. Once you have it or if you already have the straighter you want to use, then we can move on to the next step.
Which is how to curl your hair with a hair straightener. So, let’s get started:
- Before using any straightener, it is always recommended to only use on clean and dry hair. There are some that will allow you to use on slightly damp hair, but if you want to curl you want dry.
- If you want to use a heat protecting product, you will want to add that as well before getting started.
- Plug in your choice of hair straightener and allow it to get to full operating temperature. If you have used one before then you already know what your ideal temperature is. If you haven’t set temp according to hair type the thinner/fine it is the lower, the thicker/curlier it is then use a higher setting.
- Curling your hair will be easier with a flat iron, but you can still do with a brush straightener as well. You will just have to do more of the holding of the hair on the straightener with the brush. Whereas with a flat iron the flat iron can do some of the hair holding for you.
- While waiting for your iron to heat up, this is a great time to section off your hair. Sure, you can do without, but it is so much easier if you section off. Section your hair into upper and lower sections. Secure the upper section into place with a hair tie or hair clip. Doing this will allow you to make sure that you can curl all of your hair.
- Starting with the bottom, take a section of the lower part of the hair and starting at the bottom wrap that piece of hair around the brush. You will have to hold the end of the hair when you start it when using a brush, whereas the long iron will clamp onto it. Then roll it up toward your hair. Then hold there for a min or two, then unwind.
- Continue to do until all the lower section is done. Once lower section is all completed then you can move to the upper section. Then just repeat the steps above until the whole upper section is done.
- If you want more volume, that is easy especially when using a straightening brush. You can simply use the brush itself to tease your hair.
- If you want that tossed around hair style, just use that simple hair flip by bending over putting your head down so your hair hangs. Then simply stand back up while bringing your head back up throwing your hair back into place.
- Otherwise don’t do anything at all after curling for that tight curl finished look. The choice is yours play with it, enjoy it.
- You can use finishing products now at this point to make sure your hair style stays in place.
- Unplug your straightener and allow to cool before storing.
- Once cool then you can put in storage bag or storage area you have provided for it.
Those are the basic steps to using your straightener to curl your hair. You will be surprised at how well those curls turned out and all without having to pull out those curlers or curling iron. It is another great way to save some time when it comes to your hair care regimen without risking any of the look you’re looking for.
Longer Hair Is Better
Using your straightener as a curler will give you the curls you want without the frizz you don’t want. Curling your hair with your straightener is a better option for those with longer hair. Since you have to be able to wrap it around straightener. It isn’t impossible with short hair, but that can depend on size of straightener and shape.
When it comes to products that you can use in your hair with a straightener. You can usually get the best tips on which products are the best from your hairdresser. They will be able to suggest to you the best products for your hair type that can be used in conjunction with your straightener. Not using the right products can cause damage to your hair.
If your straightener has temperature lock that is a great feature, because that will help to avoid over-heating of the hair. If you are someone who sometimes forgets to shut things off, invest in a straightener that has the auto shut off as well. So, you can be worry free, most of us have been there before. Left than wondered if we still left on it on.